List of SSP Scholarship Schemes
The students studying class I to class X can apply to the pre-matric scholarship and those pursuing from class XI to post-doctoral level can apply to the post-matric scholarship on the SSP scholarship portal. Each government department offers scholarship programmes to uplift the lives of the underprivileged children. Given in the table are the lists of the schemes available on the SSP scholarship portal 2021.
|SSP Scholarship Departments||SSP Scholarship Names|
|Social Welfare Department||1. Pre-matric scholarship for SC students|
2. SSP post-matric scholarship Karnataka for SC students
3. Pre-matric scholarship for children of unclean occupation employees
|Tribal Welfare Department||1. Pre-matric scholarship for ST students|
2. Post-matric scholarship for ST students
|Backward Classes Welfare Department||1. Vidyasiri scholarship|
2. Fee concession scheme
3. Pre-matric scholarship
4. Post-matric scholarship
5. Nursing student stipend and fee concession
SSP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The students from the SC/ST, OBC, EBC and minority categories can apply for a scholarship on the SSP scholarship portal. They can refer to the eligibility criteria to know who can apply for SSP scholarship:
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship
The eligible students can apply for the pre-matric scholarship online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) or State Scholarship Portal, Karnataka (SSP). The eligibility criteria for the SSP pre-matric scholarship are as follows:
- The candidates should belong to the minority communities.
- Students should be pursuing class I to class X.
- The candidates should have secured 50% marks in the previous qualifying exams, except class I students.
- The family income should not exceed INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- The government also offers SSP pre-matric scholarships to the children of the unclean occupation employees.
SSP Post Matric Scholarship Portal
The students applying for the post-matric scholarship should be domiciles of Karnataka. The eligibility criteria to apply for the SSP post-matric scholarship 2021 are:
- The candidates belonging to the SC/ST, OBC, central OBC, minority, economically weaker general categories, or defence personnel families can apply to the scholarship.
- The candidates pursuing from class XI to the PhD level can apply for the SSP scholarship.
- The government reserves 30% of the post-matric scholarships available on the SSP portal for girls.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination.
- The annual income should not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum.